Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Perfect Wedding Shower Gift

While gifting off of wedding registries is quite convenient, and definitely sure to please, the most memorable gifts are thoughtful and personal.  For example, at my wedding shower I don't remember exactly who got me two place settings of china or flatware, but I do remember the friend who gave me a "Breakfast in Bed Kit".  What a clever idea.  My awesome gift consisted of serving trays, pancake mix, and pretty bridal lingerie. 

Now that one of my close girlfriends is getting married, I wanted to expand on the same idea to make an amazing and fun gift.  After running back and forth all over Target for two hours, I was able to find all of the makings for my gift.

Let's see....
  • romantic bridal nightie
  • beautiful etched glass serving tray
  • tiny vase of flowers to set the right mood
  • coordinated candle to give it some ambiance
  • cozy chenille throw blanket
  • plush decorative pillow
  • bottle of champagne (for mimosas of course)
  • set of wine glasses- my one item from the registry
  • a box of gourmet pancake mix and syrup
  • and of course a beautiful basket to "wrap" it in
After scouting around the registry I was able to get a good feeling about what the bride and groom would like and what colors they are using in their bedroom.  I coordinated the throw pillow and blanket to their bedding and from there used that color theme to dictate the rest of the items.  Finally, I was able to find a big, beautiful basket to arrange the gifts in and it serves double duty as a great storage item for their home.



Rules for the Perfect Wedding Shower Gift
  1. Pick out a fun or romantic theme like "Breakfast in Bed"
  2. Scout out the registry to see what the couple likes/needs/wants
  3. Pick out one registry item to incorporate with your gift
  4. Stick with one color theme/coordinating colors
  5. It's all about presentation- a beautifully wrapped gift stands out in the crowd and will be something you will be proud to give
You can always buy off of the registry for the wedding gift, but let the shower gift be fun and memorable. 


1 comment: