Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March Showers bring April Flowers??

Yeah, something like that.... 

With Spring in the air and budding all around us, when I stumbled upon Little Birdie Secrets' adorable handmade peonies, I knew I had to make them.  I invited my bestie Joy over (you can check out her blog here) and we went to town on this simple and fun DIY project.  Take a look at our finished products....




Aren't they adorable?!  They are made from coffee filters and wooden skewers!  Some people are so so clever. 


It was a super easy and quick project.  Once I got going it probably only took me a half an hour to make one small bouquet of four stems.  Surprisingly I was able to get almost all of my supplies at the Dollar Store which saved a lot of cash.  One vase of flowers cost me less than $5-- pretty good.  I made a couple bouquets to give as hostess gifts for Easter.  And boy were they a hit!


I love the blush pink version too!!



These would make a perfect decoration for a bridal shower, too!! Or really any kind of shower for that matter.  I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment