Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Money Laundering: A How-To Guide

Did I get your attention? Good, 'cause I'm lying.  It's just plain ol' boring clothes laundering.  I know, I know-- cheap tactics.  Anyway, This is the next installment of my home makeover.  The notorious Laundry Room!!  How exciting!



By some miracle our little old house had an actual room made for the purpose of washing clothes.  I mean, we barely have any closets to store clothes.  So you can imagine my shock and awe, when we realized that hanging off our kitchen was a not-that-tiny room with the appropriate hook-up for a washer and dryer.  Hallelujah!

Unfortunately, like the rest of the house, this room was ugly when we moved in.  So we needed to make some changes.

The laundry room before...

After:


























The first thing we did was paint the walls the same cheery color as the kitchen.  Then, I knew I wanted to paint the cabinets white, but I thought it might be pretty (since the cabinets were so plain and ugly) to take the cabinet doors off (like we did on those upper kitchen cabinets) and paint the insides the wall color, and leave the frame-work of the cabinets a nice white contrast.  The only downside is, of course, not being able to hide messes behind those cabinet doors, but really, it just made the space more functional for us.  I was able to see everything we had instead of just stashing junk in the cabinets. 

























We also painted the utility door white to match the new and improved white cabinets. What a difference!

Last, but not least, we added this super awesome drying rack from.... IKEA!  It folds flush to the wall when not in use, and pops open to dry those delicates.  Love it!


This whole laundry room makeover only cost us $50.  Twenty for the drying rack and hooks and the rest in paint.  So worth the money for such a big improvement! 

I hope you liked my laundry room makeover!  Have you made any laundry room upgrades lately?  I'd love to hear from you!




1 comment: